All rules administered by the NFHS are in effect except for the following:
- An indoor field turf surface approximately 80 feet wide and 50 yards long with 5-yard end zones.
- Each team is permitted 5 coaches on the sideline and in the coaches� box.
- Spectators will be at field level behind barriers at all times.
- Game cancellations due to weather will be posted on the www.neifl.com website.
THE EQUIPMENT / MEDICAL SUPPORT
- The official football is the same size and weight as the NFHS ball.
- Appropriate size balls used according to AYF rules and regulations by age group.
- Tinted visors are not permitted. All other NFHS required equipment is required.
- An Emergency Medical Technician or Athletic Trainer will be present on each field for all games.
THE PLAYERS AND FORMATIONS
- Eight players on the field; 22-man active roster.
- Rosters are closed after the 1st Game for HS Division.
- No players will be allowed to play in the High School division, that are 19 years old before March 21, 2011.
- 5th -6th Grade cannot be older then 13, 7th-8th grade no older then 15 before March 14, 2011
- All players must be enrolled in a High School in HS Division and have the following to sign up.
- A school ID with graduation date
- A Birth Certificate
- A completed and signed application with additional Parent / legal guardian signature.
- A signed Code of Conduct form signed by player, parent and Coach
- All players must be in full equipment while on the field. Players must keep helmets on at all times during play. Players must have helmets strapped during play. Players must have a mouthpiece in during play. Players not having proper equipment will be removed from the game until proper equipment can be adhered to.
- Switching numbers and uniforms is not permitted. Any player switching uniforms without prior consent of written permission will be suspended for that game. Coaches will be responsible for adhering to this rule and will be suspended for any uniform violation.
- Players can play offense and defense.
- Substitution: Is allowed at any time.
- The Head Coach is responsible for fan interference in game activities. If a fan becomes unruly they will be asked to vacate the premises. If the fan refuses to leave, the game will be halted until the fan leaves the premises.
- Only players, officials and league officers are allowed on the game field prior to, during and after the game and will be required to carry an ID badge.
- All players must be paid in full before the start of the season and must have a deposit for equipment submitted.
- No cleats will be allowed on the playing surface. Sneakers or turf shoes only. Violation will result in the player being removed from the field.
- Player's benches will be designated between the 25 yard line (mid-field) and the 15 Yard line of their side of the field. Players must not cross these lines. Coaches' box will be extended to the 10 yard line of their side of the field.
- All live and dead ball penalties will be assessed a 5 or 10 yard penalty as advised under NFHS rules. Loss of down for serious infractions will be assessed according to league rules. Unsportsmanlike conduct is the only 15 yard penalty.
- Fighting results in player ejection, Unsportsmanlike Penalty, corresponding down change and one game suspension.
- There are NO field goal attempts or punts.
- Teams on offense have the right to utilize a fourth down and have the ball moved out an additional 10 yards (max 15 yard line) if they are within their own 5 yard line. This free play results in a change of possession.
- Four (4) offensive players must line on the line of scrimmage. The three linemen (Center and Tackles) must be in a three point stance.
- Three (3) defensive players must be down linemen (in a three of four-point stance). Defensive line alignment must be no wider than the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle. One linebacker/ defensive back may blitz on either side of the center. The blitzing player must be aligned two (2) or more yards off the line of scrimmage. The blitz can only occur between the tackles (A gap). Stunting or twisting by the defensive line is permitted.
- Shotgun formations in the 5th / 6th and 7th / 8th games afford the center protection from a direct charge by the nose tackle. Roughing the center includes a 5 yard penalty and an automatic first down.
- Blocking below the waist outside the free blocking zone will result in a personal foul with a 10 yard penalty and loss of down. Second offense by the same player will result in a penalty plus the player being removed from the field until the end of the current half. Third offense will result in a game misconduct with a resulting ejection.
- Offensive motion: Receiver may be in side to side motion, no forward motion allowed.
- Any physical contact with a league official, referee, coach, employee of the NH Sports Center by players, coaches or parents will result in expulsion of that player, coach, parent and the child of that parent for the season.
- Any gross or lewd conduct displayed by any player or coach before, during or after a game will result in expulsion from all future league activities.
- Intent to injure penalties will result in an immediate game misconduct. Two game misconducts in a season will result in expulsion from the league.
- All teams are responsible for the conduct of their parents and fans. Any parent who is unruly, displays unsportsmanlike conduct, touches an official, acts with any rude or lewd gestures will be removed from the league and their child will be removed.
- Only Head Coaches are allowed to speak to referees during or after games. Any Coach who acts in a rude manner, displays lewd or unruly conduct will be deemed unfit for the league and will be removed from the league and replaced with the Assistant Coach for the remainder of the year.
- Head butting, punching, kicking and any acts described as non-football personal fouls will result in a game ejection. 2 game ejections in one year will result in a year ejection with no refunds.
- Players are responsible for the family and friends while viewing a game. If activity in the stands is deemed unsafe for the fans or players the game will be called at the discretion of the Commissioner at which time a forfeit will be awarded.
Coaches, Trainers and staff
- Head Coaches must be a minimum of 20 years old and have graduated from High School
- Maximum of 5 on the sidelines.
- No substitution or adding additional staff after Game 3.
- Coaches are not allowed on the field. Any Coach on the field will be assessed a Personal foul and the team will be penalized a 15 yard penalty. The second offense will result in the Coach being assessed a game misconduct. Two game misconducts in a year will result in a season suspension.
- Only Head Coaches are allowed to speak to the Officials.
- You are allowed One trainer and one water boy/girl per team on the field. No one under the age of 15 will be allowed in the bench areas. Violation will result in a bench penalty. These positions will count as one of your 5 coaches and require a badge.
- All Coaches and staff will have a league issued ID badge.
- No additional family members, friends etc will be allowed on the players bench. Violation of this policy will result in a bench penalty and delay of game.
- Four 10-minute quarters with a 5-minute halftime and one minute intermission between the first and third quarters.
- There will be a field clock in operation.
- Running time except for penalty administration and timeouts. Normal NFHS time application only in the last minute of each half. The clock may stop when the referee deems it necessary for penalties, injuries or timeouts.
- Each team is allowed one (1) 30 second time-outs per quarter with no carry over quarter to quarter.
- 25 second clock will be strictly enforced once the ball is made ready for play by the Referee.
- The Referee should be prepared to take the clock on the field due to any time irregularities.
MOVEMENT OF THE BALL AND SCORING
- Four (4) downs are allowed to advance the ball ten (10) yards for a first down, or to score.
- The ball will be quickly placed in the middle of the field on all plays.
- Six (6) points for a touchdown.
- One (1) point for a successful conversion by a run after a touchdown.
- Two (2) points for a successful conversion by a pass after a touchdown.
- Two (2) points for a safety.
THE KICKING GAME
- Kickoffs are from the goal line in the SENIOR games. Kickers may use a one-inch tee.
- Kickoffs are from the 10 yard-line in the 5th / 6th and 7th / 8th grade games
- The receiving team must align beyond a 10 yard neutral zone
- The touchback line is the 15 yard line.
- If the ball hits the ceiling there will be a 5 yard penalty assessed with the placement of the ball at the 20 yard line.
- The receiving team must field any kickoff that does not go out of bounds.
- Any kickoff untouched which goes out of bounds will be placed in play at that yard line unless the ball goes out of bounds between the 15 yard line and the goal line resulting in a placement at the 20 yard line.
- Passing rules in Indoor Football are the receiver must have one foot inbounds.
- A "Box" has been created for the protection of the quarterback. The "Box" is the width of the outside shoulders of the offensive linemen and continues perpendicular to the goal line. So long as the QB drops within the "Box" he is protected from any outside rush or outside blitz. Once outside the "Box" the defense may initiate any charge.
- Contact is allowed within the first five yards of the line of scrimmage.
- Defensive Pass Interference is a 10 yard penalty from the line of scrimmage and automatic first down. Offensive Pass interference is a 10 yard penalty with a loss of down.
- Same as NFHS rules with the ball placed at the 10 yard line with 4 downs to achieve a score. 1st possession will be determined by a coin toss. Each team gets one possession to score. If, after each team has had one possession, one team is ahead, that team wins. If the teams are tied after each has had a possession, the next team to score wins.
- Any 2 unsportsmanlike penalties results in a game misconduct.
- Any Game Misconduct is suspension for the next game.
- Any Coach receiving 2 warnings in a game will receive a game ejection.
- Any parent entering the field at any time during the official game will result in suspension and possible forfeit of the game for the team that owns that parent.
- Games that have teams ahead by 30 points will be required to follow the following slaughter rules
- Can only run the ball
- There will be no kickoffs the losing team will receive the ball at half field.
- If the team ahead scores there will be no extra points.
- Game clock goes to running time with no stoppage of play. (If losing tem scores and score goes under a 30 point differential the clock will return to stop time)
- Teams that win by 40 points or more will be required to attend a hearing in which penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct for coaches will be assessed.
|Tony DiSessa||President NEIFL|
|Ron Powell||Vice President|
|Tony Decessa||League Coordinator|
|Jay Kelly||Officials Assigner|